Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Ready or not...

Well, here we go! Time to play techno-catch-up and enter blog-land. I have really been getting so much creative juice out of all the great quilt blogs out there in the last year I decided it was time to contribute. So I hope this space will be to share what's on my cutting mat, recent finished projects and those that are still but a glimmer in my eye.

I have been quilting for about 8 years now after deciding my baby girl needed a quilt on her first big girl bed. My dear friend Nancy Smith was my mentor and personal teacher on that first quilt and I have been hooked ever since.

I decided to call the blog Eye Candy Quilts because that's what they are to me. I love lush, vibrant color and even more, seeing how they come together to make gorgeous quilts. I think I fall somewhere between traditional and modern in both fabric and form and I try not to be daunted by any particular project by thinking something is "too hard". "Hard" would have been stitching handcut pieces by candlelight in a cabin out in the wilderness so my family wouldn't freeze to death for goodness sake!

What I do, I do because I can, on my own terms and I love it.

Happy stitching!

Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment